Underwater Bioacoustics Symposium Announcement

To: "" <>
Subject: Underwater Bioacoustics Symposium Announcement
From: "Coffin, Allison" <>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 21:45:35 +0000
Dear Esteemed Colleagues and Friends,

Just a reminder that "50 Years of Underwater Bioacoustics", a symposium honoring the outstanding careers of Drs. Arthur Popper and Richard Fay, will take place May 25th, 2013 at Mote Marine Laboratory in Sarasota, FL.  The early registration deadline has been extended to April 8th!  Please register soon to reserve the discounted rate, even if you only plan to attend the evening reception.  Registration is available at:

http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e6trnxblfa243f73&llr=5gdcmslab

We are working on the conference program and will post the final version as soon as it is available.  We have confirmed the following podium session speakers:

Bill Tavolga

Tony Hawkins

Bob Dooling

Sheryl Coombs

Eugenie Clark

Peter Narins

Dennis Higgs

More information, including instructions for abstract submission, can be found on the conference website.

http://faculty.washington.edu/sisneros/PopperandFaySymposium.htm

We are accepting abstracts for afternoon talks and the poster session.  Please encourage your trainees to submit an abstract!  This is a great opportunity for students and postdocs to present their work at a small, intimate meeting with plenty of networking opportunities.  We welcome trainee posters from all areas of auditory science, not just underwater bioacoustics. We have limited funds to help offset student and postdoc registration and travel.  Interested students and postdocs should submit a CV, copy of their symposium abstract, and letter of support from their mentor to Allison Coffin (m("wsu.edu","Allison.coffin");">). Travel awards will likely not be decided until around the time of the event.

Please contact Allison Coffin (m("wsu.edu","Allison.coffin");">) with general questions about the symposium or David Mann (m("marine.usf.edu","dmann");">) for hotel or registration questions.  We look forward to seeing all of you in May as we honor Dick and Art.

Regards,

Allison Coffin

Sheryl Coombs

Pamela Lanford