Special Discount Pricing on Raven Pro Sound Analysis Software, plus an a

To: BIOACOUSTICS-L <>
Subject: Special Discount Pricing on Raven Pro Sound Analysis Software, plus an alpha build of Raven Pro 1.5
From: Tim Krein <>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 16:36:57 +0000
Halloween 2012 marks the 10th anniversary of the first beta version of
Raven 1.0, which was created to help scientists acquire, visualize,
measure, and analyze sounds.  During those ten years, we've added a free
version (Raven Lite) and a museum kiosk version (Raven Exhibit) as well as
multiple versions of Raven Pro with new features including detection and
cross correlation.  To commemorate this occasion, we will be offering 75%
discounts off standard, commercial, and instructional/lab licenses of
Raven Pro from now until November 12, 2012.  Visit
http://RavenSoundSoftware.com for more information and for the discount
code (TENYEARSOFRAVEN) to use when checking out on our online store.  If
you've been waiting in the wings to purchase this powerful software, now
is the time to buy.  All licenses purchased as part of this promotion, as
well as all other licenses purchased for Raven Pro 1.4 and previous
versions, are eligible for free upgrades to Raven Pro 1.5.

In addition to the discount promotion, we have also made the first alpha
build of Raven Pro 1.5 available on our web site.  This version includes a
gridded selection review and annotation tool that should be useful for
rapid review and human classification of selections created by detectors
or manual human browsing.  It also includes support for real clock times
in the time axis, new playback features, and the ability to compare
selection tables to assess detector performance.  Single 30-day trials of
Raven Pro 1.4, usable with the new version, are available by writing to
 but don't miss out on a chance to get a
permanent license for the software at the discounted price.

We hope that users on this listserve will take advantage of the
promotional pricing and try out the new version of the software.

Regards,
Tim Krein
Raven Sound Software Development
Bioacoustics Research Program