Postdoctoral associate position

To: <>
Subject: Postdoctoral associate position
From: Melissa Soldevilla <>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:31:31 -0400

The University of Miami is committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. We are leaders in the area of education, scholarship, intercollegiate athletics and service. Come join our team!

The Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies (CIMAS) of the University of Miami, Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, invites applicants for a Postdoctoral Associate position in Marine Biology and Fisheries. This position is situated at the NOAA Fisheries Southeast Fisheries Science Center Protected Resources and Biodiversity Division located in Miami, FL.

We seek a postdoctoral researcher to join our group and oversee a project on the impacts of shipping noise and ship-strike mitigation on North Atlantic right whales along the southeast US Atlantic coast. The incumbent will collect and analyze passive acoustic monitoring data, characterize ship noise in right whale calving and migratory habitats and use passive acoustic monitoring tools to improve strategies for ship-strike mitigation.

Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Oceanography, Biology or related field and experience in passive acoustic monitoring methodologies and processing large datasets and the computer skills necessary for analysis of spatio-temporal patterns of right whale occurrence and noise characterization from acoustic data. In addition, preferred applicants will have some field experience participating in vessel-based studies of marine mammals.

Apply on line at: www.miami.edu/careers position# 045304. Curriculum Vitae and the contact information for 3 people who can provide letters of recommendation are required.

The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

--
Melissa Soldevilla, PhD

m("noaa.gov","melissa.soldevilla");">
305-361-4238