Canadian Acoustical Association 2012 conference

To: <>
Subject: Canadian Acoustical Association 2012 conference
From: Dave Mellinger <>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 11:40:51 -0700
This is forwarded from   Please reply to him, not me.
-Dave Mellinger

From: Roberto Racca <>
Date: Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Dear colleague,

The Canadian Acoustical Association 2012 conference will be held in the beautiful town of
Banff, Alberta in the Canadian Rocky Mountains from 10 to 12 October. This year the
organizing committee, that includes me as technical chair and editor of proceedings, is
promoting a bioacoustics focal theme for this symposium that spans all areas of acoustics.
Indeed in keeping with the natural splendor of Banff and its surrounding National Park, the
conference theme is “Sound and the Natural World”. Submission of papers in
marine and terrestrial bioacoustics is greatly encouraged. Our opening keynote speaker will
be Dr Colleen Reichmuth of U California Santa Cruz with a plenary talk on sound reception,
production, and perception in amphibious marine mammals.

The conference website
http://www.caa-aca.ca/conferences/Banff2012/index_en.html is open for
information, registration and abstract submission, with an abstract deadline
date of 15 June. We have a great meeting planned with exciting technical
sessions in all areas of acoustics. An outstanding social program including a
welcome reception and a banquet will provide opportunities for informal
discussions among colleagues, and the Rocky Mountains setting itself would be
worth the trip. Please see the website for details. Sponsor and Exhibitor
opportunities at the conference are also still available.

We would be delighted to see you in Banff this autumn.

Roberto Racca
and the 2012 CAA Conference Organizing Committee