How to transfer TIME data from DAT tapes to PC?

To: <>
Subject: How to transfer TIME data from DAT tapes to PC?
From: Alexandros Frantzis <>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:38:33 +0200
Dear all,

We have a large number of recordings in DAT tapes, made in years when there was no possibility of good direct recording by a PC sound card. We now need to transfer them to a PC as wav files in order to analyse them.

Our question is:

Is there anyway to transfer digitally the DATE/TIME data (recorded DATE/TIME data) to the wav file as well, OR at least to another file (e.g. text file) that could accompany each wav file with its real (recorded) start and end time?

If the above is not possible to be made automatically while "re-recording" (I am afraid this is the case...),

are you aware of any way/software that can facilitate the whole procedure
, especially the start/stop of each new wav file, naming of each file, entering Date/Time info etc.? (even if entering the start/end time data should be done mannually)

Our DAT player models are the:

1) Deck: Sony PCM-R700 with Digital Coaxial I/O and Digital AES/ EBU I/O
2) Portable: Sony TCD-D8 with Optical and Digital Coaxial I/O

Thank you very much in advance for any idea/help you may provide.

Best wishes,
Alexandros
--

Dr. Alexandros Frantzis