Microphones array system

To: <>
Subject: Microphones array system
From: Marcelo <>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:49:21 -0700
Hi all,

I am working on the singing behavior in lekking hummingbirds and I want to
use a system of microphones to determine the spatial position of the birds.
The territories are clumped in an area about 100x150m. I would like to get
some advice about how feasible it is, the equipment that would be needed and
the costs that would involve. The study would be carried out at La Selva
Biological Station, so most facilities would be available.

Thanks in advance

Marcelo Araya-Salas
Ph.D.  Student
Wright Behavior Lab
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Program
Department of Biology
New Mexico State University
Lab: 575-646-4863