deadline extended - 18th International Congress on Sound and Vibration

Subject: deadline extended - 18th International Congress on Sound and Vibration
From: Dave Mellinger <>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 17:00:36 -0800
This is forwarded from Margarita Maksotskaya <>.

The 18th International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV18) will be held
from 10-14 July 2011 at the Windsor Barra Hotel in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Due to the fact that the facility for the reception of abstracts on the  ICSV18
website became available later than we originally planned in December 2010, we
have extending the abstract submission deadline to 20 January 2011.

Almost 350 abstracts have already been received and we are beginning work on
putting together the technical programme. We will be finalising the technical
programme soon after 20 January, and if you would like your abstract included
in the technical programme and featured in the correct session, then you should
send it now. We may try to include a few late abstracts submitted after that
date, but we cannot guarantee that this will be possible at this time.

Theoretical and experimental research papers in all areas of acoustics, noise
and vibration are invited for presentation. Abstracts of no more than 300 words
may be submitted directly on the ICSV18 website, www.icsv18.org. Notifications
of acceptance will be sent by 28 February 2011. The deadline for the submission
of the full length papers is 31 March 2011.

The ICSV18 Scientific Programme will include the following keynote lectures:

J. R. F. Arruda, Brazil - Signal Processing in Sound and Vibration
Lex Brown, Australia - Soundscapes
J. E. Ffowcs Williams, UK - Aeroacoustics
Mardi Hastings, USA - Sound in the Ocean: Acoustical Interactions with Marine
Animals
Andrei Metrikine, The Netherlands - Stability and Nonlinear Dynamics of
Offshore Risers
M. L. Munjal, India - Recent Advances in Muffler Acoustics
Michael Vorlander, Germany - Virtual Acoustics

Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Ricardo E. Musafir
Chair of the ICSV18 Local Organizing Committee

Malcolm J. Crocker
Chair of the ICSV18 Scientific Committee
Executive Director, International Institute of Acoustics and Vibration
(IIAV)