ERRATUM_IMC-10 symposium announcement

Subject: ERRATUM_IMC-10 symposium announcement
From: Isabelle Charrier <>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:36:12 +0200
Sorry for this new posting, but some information were corrected (see bold black text)

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that our proposal for organizing a symposium of ?Acoustic communication in terrestrial and aquatic mammals? has been accepted by the Organization Committee of the 10th International Mammalogical Conference, which will be hosted in Mendoza, Argentina, Argentina, 9-14 August, 2009.
Further information can be found in the conference website       http://www.cricyt.edu.ar/imc10/index.html

We would like to invite all the ?bioacousticians? to submit their proposals to take part in this event. The symposium will consist of two types of presentations (please refer to the attachment for further information):

a) Oral presentations:
Because the symposium is planned to last 3 hours and a half, we are limited to 6-7 speakers maximum. Hence, we ask all those who are interested in participating as speakers to send us a 2-page written proposal (in English) of the topic you are studying that involves acoustic communication (aerial or underwater) in mammal species, what are your main results and how this research has contributed to the growth of a particular biological discipline in your country and in general. We would appreciate if you could also send us your contact information (work affiliation and e-mail address). Speakers will have 20 minutes and presentations should be done in English, the official language of the conference.

b) Posters:
Due to the amount of people we expect for this event, we asked the IMC organization committee permission to organize a satellite poster session after the symposium, so students, professors and researchers working in different aspects involving acoustic communication can gather together to exchange ideas, discuss different perspectives and learn more about vocal communication and how they serve as interesting study model in different areas of research. Those of you who are interested in participating in this poster session should send a brief description of your area of research and your contact information as well.

Deadline for submission of proposals to participate in the symposium and/or the satellite poster session is April 30, 2009 (Authors must be registered by for the congress online before abstracts can be submitted). Proposals should be emailed to Isabelle CHARRIER,

We hope to see you all next year in Mendoza!

Kind regards,

Isabelle Charrier

Isabelle CHARRIER
Equipe Communications Acoustiques, NAMC-CNRS UMR 8620
Université Paris Sud, Bat.446, 91405 Orsay, FRANCE
Tel:(33-1).69.15.68.26            Fax:(33-1).69.15.77.26
Email:

Isabelle's website: http://pinniped.free.fr/
Bioacoustics Team website: http://www.cb.u-psud.fr/