Re: psychoacoustic illusions by birds

Subject: Re: psychoacoustic illusions by birds
From: "Paulo Pulgarin" <>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:53:47 -0500
Dear Robert / Bioacusticians,

Birds imitate many kind of sounds, including other species, even not
related species for many reasons I won't explain here. Mimus
polyglottus is an example of mimicry. Another classic example is the
Superb Lyre Bird (Menura novaehollandiae) that imitates camera shots,
ambulances and other related human-made sounds. Check at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjE0Kdfos4Y&feature=related

Best,

Paulo C. Pulgarín-R
Instituto de Biología