bioacoustician needed

Subject: bioacoustician needed
From: Dave Mellinger <>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:35:36 -0700
This is forwarded from Nicola Doyle,

We are currently working on a documentary film in North Carolina and are
looking for the assistance of a bioacoustician. For this documentary, we have a
number of witnesses who claim to have heard a particular animal in the
woods/areas surrounding their homes, but in order to figure out what exact
animal/source they heard, we would like a bioacoustician to playback some
sounds for them to determine what was making the sound.

We would be looking to do this investigation on Sunday, April 6th in Bolivia,
North Carolina.

Here is a brief description of the services we are currently looking for expert
assistance with:

A. A bioacoustician to travel (with assistant if necessary) to Bolivia, North
Carolina (we would pay for all of their flights to and from the location and
put them up in a nice hotel). Set up/tear down of necessary equipment at 3
locations/homes of witnesses.

Hide the speakers (10 Hz-22.5 kHz) in the woods/areas surrounding the observers
homes and conduct playback for the observers. While on-site the acoustician
will need to adjust the playback to the specifications of the observers to
determine the proper frequency, amplitude and duration of the calls they
experienced, and save them to file.

B. Conduct analysis on each call that the observers have determined to be the
closest to what they experienced and attempt to correlate them with known
animal/s, or calls that we have and those we have on file from other sources.

C. A conclusion interview based on what data has been gathered and performed
analysis on.

Please let me know if it would be possible to post my email on your mailing
list, so that anyone that might be able to help us could contact me directly.
Thank you very much for your generous time and assistance on this matter. If
you have any other questions yourself, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Nicola Doyle
office: 514.731.4242

NICOLA DOYLE