stationary radio hydrophone

Subject: stationary radio hydrophone
From: olga filatova <>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 19:39:12 +0300
Could anyone give me advice about making a stationary radio
hydrophone? The hydrophone will be placed 500 m away from the receiver
(the receiver is on the shore). The main questions are these:

1. What batteries I should use to provide the longest time of
continuous autonomous operation by the hydrophone and transmitter? The
local condions make battery replacement very difficult, so ideally I
would like to have some energy source which can work for a month
without replacement.

2. What type of transmitter is better for this purpose? Are there any
off-the-shelf devices which can be used for this?

Any other advice will also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Olga
Olga A. Filatova, PhD
Department of Vertebrate Zoology
Faculty of Biology, Moscow State University
Vorobiovy gory, 1/12
Moscow 119992 Russia