High Frequency Audio/Power Amplifiers

To: <>
Subject: High Frequency Audio/Power Amplifiers
From: "Shane Chambers" <>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 13:01:04 +0800
I would like to ask all if anyone has used or bought in the past a high
frequency audio amplifier for signals past 40 kHz. Ideally the
specifications I require are:

Power Output - 1kW + (2kW + preferred)

Frequency response - 50 - 96000 Hz

Channel Impedance - 4 - 10 ohm

I require the amplifier to interface with a transducer to project artificial
broadband signals (40 -96 kHz) and cetacean (Odontoceti) echolocation
signals with a similar bandwidth. I would welcome anyone to send the model
they are using or have used. Unfortunately most audio amplifiers are only
rated to 40kHz when in fact most of the time they respond well beyond this
point. Contacting manufacturers is becoming difficult as most manufacturers
do not test their units past 40kHz. This is usually not required for their
usual market.

Thanks

Shane Chambers
Bioacoustics Research