RMS value help

To: <>
Subject: RMS value help
From: Marta Picciulin <>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:33:41 EDT
I'm a student and I was looking in the web the way to calculate the RMS value of
an acoustic recording through the MATLAB program

I've found the web-page:

    http://replaygain.hydrogenaudio.org/rms_energy.html

as well as the web-page:

    http://replaygain.hydrogenaudio.org/mfiles/replaygain.m

but unfortunately I couldn't obtain the rms value, importing my wav.file into
Matlab 7.0. for example.. my matlab do not recognize the terms 'lnght' or
'equalloudfilt' or simply 'Vrms'.

I do wander if I do need any particular extension of the matlab
program in order to complete this calculation.

If I do need an appropriate extension, I would really appreciate if you can
indicate me if this is freely downloadable from the web and, in case, at which
webpage is it downloadable.

Take into account that I'm NOT an engineer, on the contrary I'm a poor biologist
and all this problem may be due to my ignorance!

I thank you so much right now and hope to receive soon your feedback
my regards (and wishes of a very happy Easter).
Marta

  SISSA Webmail https://webmail.sissa.it/