Composer Seeks Reef Sounds (and others)

To: <>
Subject: Composer Seeks Reef Sounds (and others)
From: Micah Silver <>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:29:32 EST

I've been lurking on this list for a few years, but have yet to post.
I am now working on a new composition, within which I would like to incorporate a variety of field recordings, hydrophone recording etc.

In looking at the resources on the Web, I've found many sound libraries available in person- by traveling to a university, etc. I wonder if there are any resources that can be investigated remotely, or if any of you have sound libraries you would be willing to share for the benefit of an art project.

The project in question involves the construction of "speaker buoys" that will float in the Hudson river in the early fall.

One sound idea is to recreate the sounds of a Reef with these buoys. So - any leads in that direction would be very helpful. Also, for other work I am doing, I would love to hear, and maybe include other unusual animal sounds.

Any help will be very much appreciated, and I will of course, reimburse anyone who wishes to help, for their time and materials.

Thanks so much.

Best Regards

Micah Silver