vibration and distance

Subject: vibration and distance
From: van Polanen Tamara <>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:00:58 -0800
which comment on the detection of vibrations (in this
 case through sea ice) by animals.  In particular I am
 after some information which suggests that with
 increasing distance from the source of vibration,
 detection of vibrations decreases.  I realise that
 measurements of vibrations through ice are
 exceptionally difficult because of the large number of
 variables involved, but thought I'd just ask anyway.

 Thanking you for your help,

 With Kind regards
 Tamara van Polanen Petel
 email address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]