Free cetacean communication research software looking for early

Subject: Free cetacean communication research software looking for early
From: serge masse <>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:42:31 -0700
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:14:12 EDT
 Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Hi all,
 My name is Serge Masse and I own the open source
 software projects Leafy and C2h. I write you to ask
 you to test a system that we are building for
 bioacoustic research, and specially for Cetacean
 communication research. The software is free and will
 be free in the future. We do not sell anything. We
 also provide the source code free of charge.

 The projects are at:

 <a  href="https://leafy.dev.java.net/";
rel="nofollow">https://leafy.dev.java.net/</a>

 and

 <a  href="http://sourceforge.net/projects/c2h/";
rel="nofollow">http://sourceforge.net/projects/c2h/</a>

 The system's name is LeafySeadragon (LS). The latest
 version is 0.8.1. It can be downloaded from a link in
 page <a  href="https://leafy.dev.java.net/";
rel="nofollow">https://leafy.dev.java.net/</a> .

 LeafySeadragon can run on a regular PC or a laptop and
 can be used with two hydrophones, one plugged in the
 microphone jack and the other in the headphone jack.
 Users must provide their own hardware, including
 hydrophones. We use a small amplifier between the PC
 headphone jack and the hydrophone. This must also be
 supplied by the users. We do not sell anything.

 LeafySeadragon is designed to be used by researchers
 to perform scientific experiments with two-way
 acoustic interactions. It emits sound underwater and
 it captures and recognises underwater sounds. To emit
 sounds, the user types the name of the desired signals
 and it then emits the associated sounds. When it
 recognizes underwater sounds, it displays the name of
 the matching signals. When it does not recognize a
 sound, it generates a unique label for the sound and
 it stores it in memory. At the end of a session, it
 writes the data in a text report formatted in XML so
 that it can be read by another software.

 More information can be found at
 <a  href="https://leafy.dev.java.net/";
rel="nofollow">https://leafy.dev.java.net/</a>

 Version 0.8.1 is not a complete version and requires
 more tests. Also, new features are in progress.

 Our support to users is by email and is free. We can
 provide more documentation as needed. There are some
 documents at <a  href="https://leafy.dev.java.net/";
rel="nofollow">https://leafy.dev.java.net/</a> in the
 *Documents and files* section (link is in the
 left-hand
 side of the page).

 Any feedback would be appreciated.

 thank you,