volunteers needed

Subject: volunteers needed
From: Dave Mellinger <>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:06:01 -0800
that appear in several journals are now being posted to
 Bioacoustics-L.  I'm interested in expanding the list of journals
 covered, and I'm looking for volunteers for any of these:

       Bioacoustics
       Journal of Mammalogy
       Behavior
       Ethology, Ecology, & Evolution
       Behavioral Ecology
       Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology
       Science
       Nature

 The goal is to make it easy for list subscribers to find out about new
 bioacoustics research relatively easily.  If you would like to
 volunteer for a journal, then you would post to Bioacoustics-L the
 titles and other information about any articles related to
 bioacoustics whenever a new issue of your journal comes out.

 The work involved would be

 - finding some way to get the journal's table of contents on-line,
   presumably from an email list or web site;

 - scanning the table of contents each time a new issue appears,
   picking out any articles that might have some bioacoustics content,
   and copying the information about these articles to an email
   message; and

 - sending the email message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Any volunteers?  That is, would you be willing to take on one of these
 journals?  Or is there any other scientific journal you'd be willing
 to cover?  At present the focus is on peer-reviewed publications
 rather than the popular press.

 If you're interested, please let me know and I'll set it up.

 Dave Mellinger, list manager
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]