Borror Lab announcement

Subject: Borror Lab announcement
From: Jill Soha <>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:51:30 -0800
that our archive of animal sounds is now fully digitized.  The
 process, which began 5 years ago under NSF support, was completed last
 week.  The result is 495 CDs containing 27,916 recordings of 1,416
 species (the largest component being birds: 23,883 recordings of 957
 species).  In addition to digitizing the Borror Lab's original
 collection, we have digitized approximately 4,000 new acquisitions
 during the process.
         Digitizing new acquisitions will of course continue.  In the
 meantime, we have made arrangements with the Ohio Library and
 Information Network (OhioLink) to make down-sampled versions of all
 recordings available for auditioning over the internet.  This process
 has been started and will be completed, in stages, over the next year.
 Progress will be reported on the Borror Lab web site.

         Sincerely,
         Jill Soha

 Dr. Jill Soha, Curator
 Borror Laboratory of Bioacoustics (<a  href="http://blb.biosci.ohio-state.edu";
rel="nofollow">http://blb.biosci.ohio-state.edu</a>)
 The Ohio State University Museum of Biological Diversity
 1315 Kinnear Road, Columbus, OH  43212    (614) 292-2176