acoustic heart rate logger?

Subject: acoustic heart rate logger?
From: van Polanen Tamara <>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:06:54 -0800
Hi all,

 I was hoping that someone out there might be able to
 offer some advice or help me.  As part of my Ph.D. I
 am looking at recording the heart rate of Weddell
 seals down in Antarctica and had originally planned to
 monitor heart rate by using an ECG unit.
 Unfortunately we had some problems with this method
 and would now like to use an acoustic data logger,
 i.e. like a stethoscope.  There is an acoustic data
 logger that has been used underwater while the animal
 is swimming, but I was under the impression that it
 didn't necessarily work on land/ice.  I also
 understood that these loggers were not avaliable as
 such and was wondering if anyone knows anything about
 them or has any other great ideas of where to get some
 technical help.  Any ideas would be great appreciated.

 Thanks heaps,

 Tamara van Polanen Petel

 <a  href="http://movies.yahoo.com.au";
rel="nofollow">http://movies.yahoo.com.au</A> - Yahoo! Movies
 - Vote for your nominees in our online Oscars pool.